Home » » Christopher Larkin from "The 100" : Interview

Christopher Larkin from "The 100" : Interview

Hello my dear readers! Here's an exclusive interview with "The 100" actor : Christopher Larkin aka Monty. He tells us about his character development, the next season and plenty more. A lot of fans asked questions, I took as I much as I could. Hope you'll enjoy it.


N : Question by Ricky Whittle: Do you like my hugs?

C : No. Stay away from me. 


N : How did you become an actor?

C : I played Hamlet in a middle school production, and fell in love with the process. I started training / performing as much as humanly possible. Not much has changed in that department since I was twelve years old.

N : How was your audition for Monty?

C : It was one of the strangest audition experiences that I've ever had. I was in Hawaii for a wedding when the appointment came through, so I had to make a self-tape. I added text to both of my scenes and ate tortilla chips through out. I'm not entirely sure why I did either of those things, but it caught the eye of Jason Rothenberg (our show creator). After auditioning for him in-person, I found out that I booked the role. 


N : In what tv show would you like to perform?

C : Devon Bostick (Jasper) and I have been binge-watching a new series called 'Mr. Robot.' They shoot in the heart of New York City, which I've always wanted to do. It's also an incredible show, and they've been picked up for a second season. I should probably get in touch with Sam Esmail as soon as possible.


N :  What do you have in common with Monty?

C : We both have a Justin Bieber haircut that hasn't changed in ten years. 


N : What can we expect from this season?

C : This has yet to be confirmed, but I'm fairly certain that Monty, Abby and Indra will be caught in a deadly love triangle of some kind.


N :  Will the death of Finn affect this season?

C : Who's Finn?


N : Do you think it's the best season?

C : We've only filmed a handful of episodes, so I won't be able to say until we're done shooting. Let's hope that number three is our best season. It'd be disappointing for all of us if it doesn't live up to the first two. That's a major step in the wrong direction.


N :  Will Monty have a love interest? 

C : Good question. Probably not. Maybe if we go to season ten and the series runs out of options.


N : Tell us a funny story that happened on set. 

C : Thomas McDonnell (Finn) used to bring a backpack full of fruit onto set every day. He'd hold up a pineapple / banana / pomegranate / etc whenever the cameras started rolling. No one knows why, but there are probably hours of unused fruit footage in the WB archives. 


N :  If you weren't playing Monty who would you like to play?

C : John Murphy. Hands down. That would be a ridiculous transformation. 


N :  What's your favorite thing about Monty?

C : He's a much better friend than I could ever hope to be. Loyal. Dependent. If he had a Smartphone, he would never leave you hanging. I wish I could say the same for myself.


N : Song of the moment. 

C : "Death With Dignity" by Sufjan Stevens. It's the opening track to his album "Carrie and Lowell," and was written for his dead mother. He transformed a horrible experience into something beautiful. I can't think of any better way to honor her memory.


N : What does your Twitter bio mean? What is the story behind it? (So many requests from fans)

C : This may be hard for some fans to believe, but Marie and I are actually distant cousins. We have a Greek family connection that extends back to the days of Sappho and Socrates. So my Twitter bio is entirely true: I am, in fact, Avgeropoulos. 


N : When it will air?

C : I don't think we have an exact date, but probably sometime in March 2016. It's a long wait, but hopefully the fans will stick with us. 


N : What skill/strength do you possess that you think would help you survive in post apocalypse world?

C : None whatsoever. I can't cook. I can't build a fire. I've never shot a gun. I only use a knife when I can't find my pizza wheel. I'd be dead in a week.


N : Will we see Monty's ark story?

C : Probably not. I have a strange feeling that Monty and Jasper don't remember much about their time on the Ark...


N :  When you get a new script, are you ever scared you might be killed off?

C : I used to be. But if it's my time to go, then that's alright with me. The 100 has changed my life in a lot of incredible ways. I can't ask for more than that. All I'd hope for is that Monty's death wouldn't be in vain. If I can help propel another character forward in the process, then the sacrifice would be worth it.


N : Miller or Jasper?

C : Seriously? Don't get me wrong, I love Jarod Joseph (Miller). But 98% of my scenes on this show have been with Jasper. No one else comes close.


N : Do you think Bellarke is ever gonna be a thing?

C : God, I hope not. All the fans who hope for Bellarke should remember that romantic relationships never end well on this series. They either end in utter heartbreak or certain death. Those are the only 2 outcomes so far.

N : What's one thing that you struggle with in the 100?

C : Just one? I'd say that I struggle with most things on this show. I'm easily the greenest member of this cast. I felt like a fish out of water the entire first season. But I'm lucky enough to be working with a cast / crew that has been kind enough to show me the ropes. I've learned a lot through observation. When you can track your own improvement in real time, it doesn't get any better than that. 


N : Who's the biggest prankster on set?

C : It used to be Thomas McDonnell (Finn), but he's dead now. I'd say that Henry Ian Cusick (Kane) filled his role pretty easily. Maybe a little too easily.


N : Will you ever visit Ireland?

C : Believe me, I'm trying. It's been number one on my bucket list for a long time now. I was raised by an Irish father, so I've always felt culturally attached to Ireland more than anywhere else. It's been a while since my training, but I can still stepdance like nobody's business.   


N : Will we get to see more of Monty and his character development in the upcoming episodes?

C : We just started filming season three, so I have no idea what the writers have in store. I hope so. I'll take as much character development as I can get. 


N : Do you prefer pancakes or waffles? 

C : Neither. I'm more of an eggs (over-medium) / bacon (well done) / toast (rye) / home fries (russets) kind of guy. I'll always opt for savory over sweet.


N : Who do you think is the most badass girl in the cast?

C : Charlotte. You probably don't know who I'm talking about because she died a while ago. For those of you who don't remember: Charlotte was the little girl who stabbed Wells in the neck, almost got Murphy killed and then leapt off a cliff in season one. Did you get all that? She stabbed a man in the neck, pinned it on Murphy and then leapt to her death. She's got no competition as far as I'm concerned.


N : With who would you like to have more screen time?

C : Devon Bostick. We've hardly worked together over the last two years.


N : Which of the cast members have you formed the closest friendship with?

C : Again, Devon Bostick. When you share 98% of your screen time with someone who's playing your best friend, odds are you'll get pretty close off-screen as well. Either that, or you'll absolutely hate each other. I'm glad the latter isn't the case.


N : Are you still writing songs with Devon?

C : I've started flying back to LA whenever I'm not shooting, which cuts down on our songwriting time. But we'll always bond over music. I guarantee that we'll have some new tunes before the season's over. 


N : What was the most heartbreaking scene according to you?

C : The Culling was pretty brutal. Hundreds of Arkers offered up their lives for nothing. This was a voluntary move, so it trumps the Mount Weather massacre in my book.


N : What relationship will Jasper and Monty have after the accident of Maya?

C : I can't say for certain, but it probably won't be smooth sailing. This is specifically because Maya's death was no accident. Clarke, Bellamy and Monty deliberately chose to kill everyone in Mount Weather. It was done to save their people, but Jasper refuses to see it that way. If he can't find it in his heart to forgive Monty, then their friendship will most likely be over.


And on that note, thanks for all your questions.  

Chris


Thank you guys for your questions and please let me know who you want me to interview next and what questions would you like to ask!! And of course stay tuned about the  100 on Ness'Words!


For the rest you have to trust me...
You know you love me ;)

xx
Ness

0 comments:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Remarque : Seul un membre de ce blog est autorisé à enregistrer un commentaire.

You can't get anywhere without the people who came into your life

 
Copyright © 2015 Ness'Word